Potpourri of amazing facts on the Web about Christianity, Facebook and Judaism is this week list of topics I came across the web.
1. Christianity is the fastest growing religion in Iran
2. According to the Vatican, you can reduce the time you spend in purgatory by following the Pope on Twitter
3. There is a breakaway of Christians that believe Jesus is currently living in China as a Chinese woman.
4. There’s a Christian church that worships the late jazz musician John Coltrane as a Saint.
5. Papaphobia is the fear of the Pope.
6. Nebraska man raising red cows to send to Israel
7. More people go to church on Sunday in China than in the U.S and Europe.
8. Several people have been murdered for unfriending someone on Facebook
9. Facebook tracks which sites you visit, even when you log off.
10. By 2060s or 2130s Facebook will probably have profiles of dead people.
11. A third of all divorce filings of 2011 in the U.S. contained the word “Facebook.“
12. 600,000 hacking attempts are made to Facebook accounts every day.
13. Einstein was offered the presidency of Israel
14. If Israel was your home compared to the U.S.
15. Jerusalem syndrome is a group of psychological phenomena triggered by a visit to Jerusalem, Israel.
16. Israel women have mandatory military service
17. Every year, 1,000 letters arrive to Jerusalem. Israel, addressed to God.
18. Speed dating was invented by a Rabbi in 1999.
19. The “eye for an eye” principle is not interpreted literally in Judaism, but as a proportional monetary compensation.
20. In Judaism, finding someone a job that enables self-sufficiency has to be seen as the highest form of charity.
21. Vulcan salute used by Mr. Spock of Star Trek was derived by Priestly Blessing of Judaism
Here is a link to Heavy.com which provides some interesting five fast facts about current events of national, international, sports, entertainment and much more.
In Him Alone
The Counterfeit Christian
2015 The Year of Our Lord