Luke 14:28 – For which of you, intending to build a tower, sitteth not down first, and counteth the cost, whether he have [sufficient] to finish [it]?
Happy Thanksgiving!! Countdown to Christmas shopping has begun.
Last Thanksgiving I was visiting my middle daughter’s home. And as I can recall, my daughter had decided to be one of the “line sitters.”
You can define a line sitter as one who will spend days or hours waiting in line in front of a retailer’s doors to purchase a much in demand product. (For more about professional line sitters click here).
My daughter had everything planned out. Even including me in her “line plans” without my knowledge. Well, much to her disappointment, when she pulled in the parking lot of a well-known big-box store, I refused to get out of the car.
“Why are we stopping here?” I asked my daughter.
“I thought I told you,” she said turning off the car ignition.
“Told me what?” I shot back.
“Mom, I told you that they had flat screen TV’s on sale for only $299.”
“And I need you to stand in line for an hour while I go over to another store to pick up some other things.”
As my daughter pulled out of the parking lot, there was dead silence in the car. We rode several miles back to her house. When we walked in the door, she looked at me and pouted.
“Mom, you are unbelievable!”
I could have disagreed with her. But I didn’t. And I sure wasn’t going to be a line sitter. True, there are professionals who get paid waiting in line. But, my purpose in life is to keep moving and not stand in any line, in the cold, and especially for another television set to add to her sports cave.
Now, this year, during Thanksgiving, I didn’t have to concern myself about waiting in line for anyone or anything.
This year was just an enjoyable and peaceful time with family and thanking God for another day.
For you shopaholics, wishing you the best as today kicks off the alphabet of Christmas shopping:
Black Friday, Small Business Saturday and Cyber Monday
For your consideration here is a list of online shops that I would like to recommend to you.
- Christian Gifts (Beautiful gifts for the entire family and reasonably priced)
- Christian Dollar Store (Yes! Items start below $1.00-buy in bulk)
- Faithbox (Every month receive a devotional and products from companies that do good.
- Ajudaica (Everything Jewish for less-you will find some great variety-clothing, art, jewelry, anointing oil-just right prices!)
- Christianbook (One of the go to places for everything Christian-checkout their “bargain” category
- Answering In Genesis (is an apologetics ministry, dedicated to helping Christians defend their faith and proclaim the gospel of Jesus Christ. Highly recommended for those seeking answers about the creation and science-children to adults)
- Drinking With Jesus (These mugs are quite unique. Faith mugs that are affordable and wonderful gift to give anytime of the year)
- Family Christian (Gifts for the entire family. Checkout Hannah Prayer doll on sale
- Bible Toys (To nourish your child’s spiritual growth in God-offering playsets, books and toys a child will enjoy)
- Active Faith Sports (Contemporary active wear for men, women and children)
- In the Beginning (Gearbubble shop offering Christian apparel, jewelry and drinkware)
- Extreme Christian Clothes (Shop here for entire family-men, women teens and young adults-apparel about sharing your faith)
For Women Only! The Big Sports Theory (Activewear & Fashionable Tees)
In Him Alone
The Counterfeit Christian
2016 The Year of Our Lord